Monday 27 June 2011

Cape Town Fashion Week 2011: The Countdown

As my count down to Spring begins, so does the count down to Africa’s largest gathering of fashion talent begins for me at least. The 2011 Cape Town Fashion Week will be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from the 13 - 16 of July.

Last years show/s saw a great deal of variety from the talented designers; there was a great deal of color, synonymous with Spring, unusual color combinations – that worked
beautifully, some designers opted for simple basic everyday looks – that were too simple for some critics.

Here’s some of what was seen at last years shows from different designers:

Michelle Ludek:



 

Stoned Cherrie - Love Movement:




Good Clothing by Marian Park - Ross:




Suzaan Heyns


 


Viyella:


 

Tart:



 

I am looking forward to this years new trends for Spring/Summer 2011. I have a few trends that I would love to see come back, like the jumpsuit, and just colors that are not too bright, I want to see some romance and flirtation with the dresses and neutral colors...but whatever is showcased at this year's Fashion Week, I will probably fall inlove with it anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment