Wednesday 15 June 2011

Fashion Innovation

 Black Coffee's ready-to-wear collection titled "Everyone Can Be a Designer" by South African Designer Jacques van der Walt.


Basically what this collection is, is that you buy one piece of clothing like the Skirt Dress (above picture) and "design" different outfits/looks. This for me is fashion at its best, creativity and innovation...artistry. I cannot fully express just how much I love this idea, I don't really like the idea of spending the whole day at a mall just looking for one piece of clothing. I am in, spot what I want/need, get it and I am out; and chances are I only get to wear it once or twice. Now imagine my delight when I realise that I can turn the one item of clothing into countless outfits for any occassion, look, weather, mood - I was like a kid in a chocolate factory.

From one piece, you can create many designer pieces; simple, practical, everyday pieces of clothing. Check out the video on the website http://www.blackcoffee.co.za/ on how to turn the Skirt Dress into designer outfits.

This collection is available at Black Coffee's 2 outlets in Bamboo Centre (Cnr 9th Street and Rustenburg Road, Mellville, Johannesburg) and Arts on Main (Cnr Main and Fox Streets, Johannesburg City).

No comments:

Post a Comment